Laura Levitt is Professor of Religion, Jewish Studies, and Gender at Temple University and the author The Objects that Remain (2020), American Jewish Loss after the Holocaust (2007), and Jews and Feminism: The Ambivalent Search for Home (1997).
- An Article from the student newspaper at WashU!Here is the link, https://www.studlife.com/news/2023/03/08/laura-levitt-gives-lecture-on-objects-touched-by-violence
- American Jewish Loss after the Holocaust: An Object LessonTHURSDAY, MAY 12, 2022 AT 11:15 AM – 12:45 PM EDT The University of Warsaw, American Studies Center We are pleased to announce the lecture “American Jewish Loss After the Holocaust: An Object Lesson” by Prof. Laura Levitt (Temple University).This lecture is a part of the 2021/2022 Spring Edition of the American Studies Colloquium Series.Join […]
- Meet 5 Temple Professors who teach and research Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s StudiesRead this lovely story in Temple Now! https://news.temple.edu/news/2022-04-20/meet-5-temple-professors-who-teach-and-research-gender-sexuality-and-women-s-studies
- The Afterlives of TraumaAn article about this talk and the opening of a powerful exhibit! https://pittnews.com/article/170650/arts-and-entertainment/levitt-presents-afterlives-of-trauma-lecture-opens-for-online-klenicki-exhibit/
- The Objects that Remain: The Ethics of Tending to Sacred Objects: A WebinarWEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2021 • 5 PM, via ZoomFree and open to the public To watch this program: https://udel.zoom.us/rec/play/OD4_OUmupDXCC-NdbZ1-d5t8baq5VMZJbV07wSRyvvs1LMToghL3RGHts08dEnoAaoSeRDava3jLBrWi.V9Hf5mjKbJQt61aa?continueMode=true&_x_zm_rtaid=LoI_MYOQSRWFddoRptXYow.1635440425090.3bd309e7697c958a858ffa575e67123a&_x_zm_rhtaid=541